This nationally recognized Remove Friable Asbestos course is developed for workers and businesses that require to remove or manage friable asbestos as part of their work process. Workers that are tasked to remove or manage friable asbestos must have completed this training. Friable asbestos products are still common in workplaces that include low-density board (LDB), lagging, asbestos adhesives, insulation and inflammable or weathered asbestos products.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This course covers both theoretical and practical components of friable asbestos removal.
Theoretical components include:
- Asbestos registers
- Asbestos removal control plans (ARCPs)
- Safe work method statements (SWMS)
- Clearance certificates and air monitoring requirements.
Practical components involve:
- Completing a risk assessment and relevant documentation
- Learning how to build and test an enclosure
- Completing a friable asbestos removal job
- Decontaminating your tools, equipment, PPE and yourself and then returning the work area to an operational condition
With a removal friable asbestos qualification, one is eligible to apply for an asbestos removal license from WorkSafe for Friable (Class A) & apply for a Non – Friable (Class B) Asbestos Removal course.
By the end of course, delegates will be able to:
- Conduct preparation for friable asbestos removal
- Set Up an asbestos removal area and removal sites comfortably
- Isolate a removal site
- Carry out friable removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements