Asbestos is a hazardous substance that causes serious ill-health when disturbed. It is therefore essential that anyone likely to disturb asbestos needs to take this awareness course to understand the risks associated with asbestos so that they can take the proper measures in case of an encounter with ACMs
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Who Should Take This Course?
All workers who are likely to disturb asbestos-containing materials during their normal work should be trained so that they can work safely. This Asbestos Awareness course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos as part of their work so that they understand the dangers and can avoid any work which may disturb asbestos especially in buildings that were constructed before 1999. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Demolition workers
- Carpenters, joiners and construction workers
- Roofing contractors
- Painters, decorators and plasterers
- Fire and burglar alarm installers
- Shop fitters
- Gas fitters
- Computer installers and telecommunications engineers
- General maintenance staff
- Cable layers and electricians
Note that any workers who plan to carry out work which will knowingly disturb asbestos require a higher level of training, (Class A or Class B).
Asbestos Awareness Course does not allow you to work with asbestos containing materials.
By the end of the course you will learn to:
- Identify and describe the different types of asbestos
- Identify likely asbestos containing materials (ACMs) and products
- Appropriately and accurately report the presence of ACMs to relevant state stakeholders and/or authorities
- Relate safe work methods to ACMs
- Identify and control asbestos related hazards
- Describe the health risks, effects and preventative measures associated with asbestos exposure
- Apply effective understanding of relevant legislation and duty of care
- Identify asbestos control, maintenance and emergency procedures
|Supervise Asbestos Removal||Register interest|
|Asbestos Awareness Plus||Register interest|
|Remove Non-Friable Asbestos Training (Class B)||Register interest|